Monday, April 21, 2008

so~ What did you do this weekend?

We got to deal with a sick one all weekend. We finally took him to the doctor on Sunday and he had strep, which I think showed up quite quickly. The nurse had told us it would be about a 20-25 minute wait for the doctor. I asked her to take a swab of his throat before she left to save some time. A minute later I hear the doctor say "is that room 2?". He then came in checked Josh out told us he had strep and sent us on our way. We were at the doctors office a total of 20 minutes.


This is him tonight, 24 hours after being on meds. He is trying to eat his dinner. Poor thing has no appetite.

This is when it is the hardest being a working Mom. When my kids are sick, it really puts pressure on me. I want to stay home with them and nurture them like mothers should, but I also have a boss that depends on me to be there. My boss was very nice today, however, if Josh is still under the weather tomorrow, my boss will NOT BE HAPPY if I have to call in again. What to do !?!?!?

2 comments:

Katie said...

Poor Josh. I hope he's feeling better now.

I wish you (and all parents) could stay home with their kids if and when they wanted to without having to worry about their jobs. Especially when your kids are sick!

Barbi said...

Josh is feeling better though he his is still totally "milking" it.