Monday, April 21, 2008

Jared the handyman!

Friday night I am attempting to get some laundry done. We were behind in laundry to the point that I was counting how many pant hangers we had to hang pants and how many racks we had to hang the shirts (since we air dry most of our laundry), and I had a "dryer only" pile. The sad part is, we were probably only behind 2 days. It is unbelievable how quickly the dirty laundry piles up. Though Jacobb changes his clothes atleast twice a day. If he spills water on his clothes he changes them, if he plays out in the dirt, he comes in and changes his socks because they have dirt in them, etc.

I am sure you know where this is going...I put the first load in and the washer is making a funny noise. The agitator is not agitating, which was really bad. I FREAKED OUT! I had 5 loads of laundry to do and my washer has just bit the dust. Also, we are trying to pay off our debt, so if I need a new washer I am now adding $700+ to our debt.

After looking at washers online, I am starting to convince myself I could use a new washer. We bought the washer/dryer set we have 8 years ago, used, for $300.


While running to the store Jared calls me. He thinks he knows what is wrong with our washer and can fix it for $6.00. I had mixed emotions. I was sort of getting excited for a new washer, yet I was glad that I didnt have to possibly buy one right now, since it is not a good time for us.
Anyway, here is the receipt. Jared was able to fix our washer for less than $10.00. Now that we didnt need a loan for! :)




Now it is known throughout my family, when Jared helps to "fix" / "repair" something, usually something else gets broken in the process, bless is always willing to help heart.... In this case, it was fixed PERFECTLY! And Jared did all the laundry as his reward for fixing the washer...

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hopefully this fix will hold out long enough to pay off your debt and THEN you can save up for a brand new washer and dryer!

Just remind me to never have Jared come "fix" anything for me. :-D

Barbi said...

Oh yea! It's like a brand new washer. It's great!

Now, now Katie. I think the 30's has done something for Jared...he can fix anything!!