Thursday, May 29, 2008

should offense be taken?

Yesterday, I was doing my usual volunteering in Josh's kindergarten class. His teacher comes up to me and says "I tested Josh and he can read 104 words per minute." I say Wow! That is great. We talk a minute of how is fluency is great, his comprehension is great...etc. She then says " I have been talking with first grade teachers about Josh, and they all say "Wow! - I hope I dont get him in my class!""..... That comment is killing me!!! Why wouldnt anyone want my sweet boy in their class!?

I would assume this is usually the case for kids with bad behavior...not because they are so dang smart!

Maybe it was supposed to come across as a compliment? I dont know.

How would you have taken it?

1 comment:

Katie said...

As odd of a comment that is to make without clarifying exactly what you mean...I would think they wouldn't want to have him for fear that he'd be bored and, because with some kids, that can lead to trouble. But I'm sure that wouldn't be the case with Josh.

And kudos to Josh for being such an excellent reader!