Thursday, May 1, 2008

Brotherly Love

I am the only girl out of 4 boys and smack dab in the middle of them all. I occasionally wondered when I was younger what it would be like to have a sister and/or a sisterly "bond". Since that was (obviously) not possible I usually turned to my closest girlfriends to fill that gap. To me that friendship was the closest to a sister I could ever have and it worked for me.

I always (well usually, unless they are fighting) proudly watch and listen in amazement when Jacobb and Josh are together. Josh does anything and EVERYTHING Jacobb does down to the color of underwear they are wearing. When we go out to dinner, Josh doesn't even look at the menu: "He'll have what Jacobb is having".

This morning Jake asks if he can have ramen noodles for lunch at K.R. So of course Josh wants ramen noodles as well. I am about to turn into H to buy them, and I hear Josh say "though I dont really like K.R.'s spoons, I will have ramen noodles since Jacobb is having ramen noodles." I then say to Josh "you like your big brother dont you?" and Josh says in his most confident tone "now that is true" as in you bet I do.

In watching my boys grow up together, I am learning there is nothing like the bond of a brother / sister. Even though my girlfriends did a pretty good job filling in.

1 comment:

Katie said...

That is so sweet! Your boys are simply adorable.

I often feel bad that Garrett doesn't have a sister and Seth doesn't have a brother (but not enough to have more kids!). I guess they'll just have to make do with each other and I hope they'll always have a great relationship, like I do with my siblings.