This morning my kids had some breakfast with books thing going on at the school. The school parking lot was full so I had to park along the street. No big deal. I see a great/convenient parking spot that no one has taken yet, so I go ahead and make the 20 point u-turn, etc. to get this parking spot. In the middle of this 20-point u-turn I maybe saw a glimpse of a fire hydrant. Anyway, we park, we all pile out of the car and I see a cop walking towards me. All the sudden I recall that possible glimpse of a fire hyrdrant. I look and sure enough i am parked RIGHT IN FRONT of the damn fire hydrant. By this time the cop is at my car and he says "you know you are parked in front of a fire hydrant?" I said "yea... when I saw you walking up I checked (or something stupid like that)". I told him I was going to move my car, and then I asked the really awesome question that made me feel even smarter for parking in FRONT of a fire hydrant ... "So, how far away are you supposed to be parked from fire hydrant?". He tells me 15' and I get in my car and drive to new parking spot feeling awfully BRIGHT.
On a side note..I tell a (male) coworker I am going to be a witch for this halloween party we are going to and he says..."you'll make a good witch". Ha Ha. I think this is SO FUNNY. Though, he didnt mean it that way..well, atleast I dont think he meant it that way..!?
Well, I must be glad its Friday or something b/c I am rambling.
HAPPY FRIDAY!
Sorry Mom..no pictures this time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
At least he let you move your car and didn't just give you a ticket.
I like that he at least gave you a warning, don't worry I didn't remember how far you are supposed to be parked from the hydrant until you just told me.
It is a great thing that he let you move it with no ticket. Cause I pretty sure it is a pricey one. As for a witch for Halloween. I think that you will make it classy. Brittany is also going to be a witch to. It is so nice to see a new blog. Keep them coming....
Yes ~ I am way glad he didn't give me a ticket.!
At the halloween party we went to this weekend, we had to leave my car there b/c neither jared or i could drive.... anyway, we got home and I started worrying I parked in front of a fire hydrant again! When I picked up my car on Sunday, my car was only parked in front of a mailbox...boy I am smart coookie. Thank goodness no one gets mail on Sundays!!!
You are just too funny! I love your blog, it is way cute and so are your pics. We should get together again soon, it has been way toooo long!
Ha Ha, you crack me up! You made a "good" witch...or shall I say a "bad" witch...j/k. I had a great time w/ you partying like we were 20 something. I seriously had to recover all day Sunday! We should get together again soon!
Post a Comment